Thursday 18 September 2014

The Rise of Robert Jr. (Silent Screamers Book 4)


The Rise of Robert Jr. (Silent Screamers Book 4)
Now four years into the invasion, David finds himself in prison after failing to assassinate Ambassador Yorgensen. As our hero awaits his televised execution, an unexpected visit from a powerful enemy, presents him with an opportunity to escape his fate, but only if he publicly renounces his new found faith. No matter which path our hero chooses, his life will be changed forever.


www.silentscreamers.net




The Guru's Review:

This instalment marks the end of Saga I: David (The Rise of Bacchus, The Rise
of David, The Rise of Yorgensen, The Rise of Robert Jr). Book 5 is on its way and begins the next Saga: Helel

I understand from the author that Saga I: David (books 1-4) will be combined into a omnibus (together with the journal entries that are unique to the Silent Screamers site) and this will be unveiled at the Vegas Valley Book Festival on 10/18/14. At this Festival, you will also be able to grab a few limited edition extras such as bookmarks, posters, an autograph, so if you are in the vicinity, drop by, meet Dante, and grab this omnibus and these extras!

New readers to this omnibus will have a great advantage as they will be able to read this first Saga from go to whoa and get a good grounding in this captivating, apocalyptic series. I reckon it would be worth reading this entire series when finished from its beginning to fully get the worth out of it and to be well versed in all the spiritual themes and end times concepts. 

I remember writing the following in my review of Book 1, The Rise of Bacchus and I feel it is still just as relevant and effective for Book 4 now: 
Sometimes fiction can be a very effective way to reach those who would not read a factual book to be enlightened about a topic. This novella succeeds in doing this and I am sure that when all these Books/novellas are read as one this will be seen as being very successful to informing in an entertaining way all of what Fortson needs to reveal.
When I finished this book, it felt like I had read more than the four short books that make up Saga I. From this I perceive this is because Fortson packs a lot into such a short "space" of up to 80 odd pages or thereabouts in each book. For me, this is a good thing and shows that Fortson is efficient with plot development and structure and characterisation. This adds strength to the overall flow and fast pace of Saga I's books. 

I pray that this entire series will encourage Christians and non Christians to consider that this is not just an entertaining spiritual science fiction saga but one that is based on the Bible, extra biblical texts and other sources of credible content and authorship and stimulate the reader to investigate further. If such a reader does this, there is no better place to start than Fortson's book listed on his site, ministerfortson.com

When I read the title of this book, I had two thoughts, this series is going to take a further development twist by adding David's younger brother as a main character or is something dramatic going to happen to David! Well, the reader will definitely find out in this book. And it does provide a twist in preparation for Book 5. I can see from the events in this book that yes, the events in Book 5 will include
stronger, more sinister bad guys in addition to more powerful good
guys 
to quote Fortson from the Silent Screamers website. All I can say is, Bring It On!
Plenty of intrigue and Special Ops action in this instalment and Gladiator type fighting. A plan to obtain the upper hand on Supreme Pontiff Yorgensen, Helios and President Stevenson. All executed very well and end with the stage set for a great opening to Book 5, where more twists and turns will happen. Another cannot put down instalment. We also find out the identity of a very minor character introduced in an earlier instalment who is now a major character in the last two instalments and the lineage of another major character introduced in Book 3. The plot thickens as the saying goes! This is one thing I love about Fortson, he knows when to up the action and just when you are cosy, he takes you out of your comfort zone!

There was something mentioned right at the end of this book that I found rather alarming and I hope is explained further in Book 5 and I am sorry for the spoiler here: 
the angel Gabriel had a hand in the Crucifixion
At face value, I don't like what this could imply! However, knowing Fortson as an author and man of integrity through his books and website and webinars, I have no doubt that he will provide an answer that is based on biblical truth and support of the Gospel or in support of an aspect of eschatology (a branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of mankind). I have not found any of Fortson's books or statements to be contrary to the Word of God or coming from him and him only. 

All in all, another satisfying, entertaining and educating instalment of this ongoing saga. 

Highly Recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is awaiting moderation.